“In this episode…”
…we’re talking about the BEST dating advice we’ve ever heard. The experts and YOU have weighed in and…
by the end of this episode you’ll learn:
- what to really listen to when a guy talks
- what’s the most important thing to work on if you’re a guy
- and what sort of “red flags” are the ones that’ll never change
Describe the problem
…Advice is everywhere, and everyone loves to give it. But let’s face it, most of it is mediocre or even bad (as we discovered in our last episode). So what is some of the greatest advice the experts have to give? And what is some of the best advice you’ve heard? We’ve got it all in this episode.
…we want to remind our listeners that we think you’re so great, we like to give back to you. If you like the advice and tips you’re getting here, we’ve compiled some of the best of them into a free email ecourse, one for guys and one for girls, called, appropriately, “How to Get the Girl,” and “How to get the Guy.” So visit gettheguyfor.me and getthegalfor.me to grab yours. It’s a five day course, packed full of great stuff for you to improve your dating life. And it’s free!
If a man says that he’s too damaged for you (or too neurotic, or too anything), just take his word for it. Even if it is his low self-esteem talking, you’re not going to be able to fix him. And it’s probably just a euphemism for “I’m just not feeling it.” (10 Dating Tips I Wish I Had Followed When I Was Single, Yourtango.com)
- Sometimes boyfriends have little annoying habits. And sometimes they have small behaviors that indicate a complete lack of respect. If you wouldn’t let your friend’s sweetie talk to her that way, don’t put up with it yourself. (10 Dating Tips I Wish I Had Followed When I Was Single, Yourtango.com)
- Listener @megcarpen: Best: Look at his worst habit, that will only get worse as the years go on. I learned that those habits can be red flags, and to observe them carefully.
Be the Best Version of Yourself: Chances are, you don’t need to be anybody else to attract a great girl. There’s someone who will love you. But you may very well need to be the best version of yourself to attract a woman. (Our Ten Favorite Dating Tips for Men, Eharmony)
Do Whatever It Takes to Get Some Confidence EVERY SINGLE WOMAN we’ve ever asked says that confidence is a deal-breaker when it comes to choosing a guy. If you don’t have it, you’ve got to go get some. It typically helps to practice just talking to women you don’t already know. (GQ.com, 7 Dating Tips for Men)
- Listener @destinationcbus: “Wherever you are, be the guy having the most fun.”
Call or text 508 444 2003 to tell us the best dating advice YOU’VE heard!
- A first date is not an audition formarriage. It’s just a tryout for a second date. No one ever fell in love while analyzing every detail of their momentous first meeting. (10 Dating Tips I Wish I Had Followed When I Was Single, Yourtango.com)
Get Clear on The Red Flags That Matter There are red flags that are annoying, and red flags that are Molotov cocktails waiting to burn your life down.
Crazy Never Gets Any Better You know that thing about red flags that can burn your life down. Crazy is #1 on the list. Run at the first whiff of crazy.
- Listener Amy from Facebook: Best: be sure you really know what you are looking for with dating, and don’t lie to yourself or others about it. Is it just dating, or sex? Or is it long term and/or marriage? Nothing wrong with any of those, just be honest about it.
- Listener Jeff from FAcebook: Best: (again, depending on what you’re looking for), ask yourself if you would be their friend if you had met under different circumstances. If the answer is no, you’ll have a hollow base to start from.
- Listener Erin from Facebook: Best: maintain a level of independence and look for a partner who also values their own time. Then when you come together, the time spent is even sweeter..
- Listener Matt from FAcebook: I get all my advice from Bobcat Goldthwait. He said, “Our culture has this stigma about quitting. I say quit as many things, as many times as you can, until you find something you don’t want to leave.”
- Listener Andrea from FAcebook: You should probably stop dating if at any time the other person makes you feel miserable. Unhappiness happens, but the other person should not be the source of it for you. When one person hurts the other person in the relationship it should be a big deal and recognized by both parties as a big deal. If one person thinks “Oh, it’s nothing” and the other is sobbing it ain’t gonna work. Move on. You can do better.
- Listener Steve: You both should be so comfortable with yourselves that neither of you NEEDS the other
ERY and SJS?
Be the right kind of person to get the right kind of person.
“Pick which hill you’re going to die on.”
Use periods, not question marks
We want to hear from you! Call or text 508 444 2003 to tell us the worst dating advice YOU’VE heard!
…if you want more GOOD advice like this for free, keep listening to this podcast and also visit www.relationspodcast.com/gift to grab “How to Get the Guy” or “How to Get the Girl.” It’s a five day course, packed full of great stuff for you to improve your dating life.
If this show was good to you, let me know by leaving a review on iTunes. Simply go to relationspodcast.com/review and leave us a good review! Good reviews put this show in front of more people and allow us to create more awesome relationships through either following or ignoring the advice given on this show. If we’re making your relationships a better place, take 30 seconds and leave us a review!
- Listener Tips
In closing, on behalf of myself, Elijah R. Young, and everyone involved in bringing this show to your ears, we hope we’ve made your relationship better today than it was yesterday. Now go forth and relate to one another…we’ll talk soon.