I am Elijah R Young, I’m here with Sarah J. Storer and this is Relations: The Podcast, the on-demand radio show giving you better relationships, and more importantly, helping you become a better person to be in a relationship with…In today’s show:
What are some of the signs that the person you’re hanging out with, just wants your body, and nothing else? This is a combination of conversations on SheKnows.com, AllWomenStalk.com, and BaggageReclaim.co.uk.
By the end of this episode:
- 9 Signs that they just want sex
Describe the problem
…You really dig him or her, there’s definitely an attraction…might this move from groovin’ over you to groovin’ on you and more? Well, maybe…and maybe the new object of your affection only wants to keep it strictly (bedroom) bidness. That’s okay, but how do you know the signs ahead of time? And how can you both get the most fun out of the situation?
- Invitation to nowhere – He never invites you to go out with him – his friend’s birthday party, his work happy hour, not even a lackluster dinner and a movie. Bottom line: “Dates” are always cozy nights in. Why? Because that is the easiest place to, you guessed it… have sex.
- Time’s up! – You spend just enough time together for a little foreplay, sex and maybe a nap. Unless there’s time and desire for a round two, a sex-only motivated man will bolt like a thief in the night before you even have time to turn over on his side.
- Sexy speak – You two speak one language: Sex. And that’s it. If you think hard about it, you may know everything about how he likes “it” but you have no clue where his parents live, what he wanted to be when he grew up, the food that makes him gag, and if he has a middle name.
- Weekday lovers – If your guy seems to always be MIA during the weekends, this is a clear sign that he is reserving weekends for someone else on his literal to-do list, or keeping his options open to meet other women.
- They tell you – Talk about stating the obvious but, have you any idea how many women are actually told by a guy that they just want to have ‘fun’ and aren’t looking for a relationship? When a man says this, instead of rationalising and hoping that he will change his mind after the event, don’t and move on.
- They try to do more than a kiss on the first date – No matter how great the sparks are between you both, generally speaking, guys that really do like you can keep their penis in their pants and their hands above board for at least one evening….
- They Avoid You In Public – You see them and you know they saw you and they turn away. It’s Just Sex.
- You Initiate All Communication – If it’s not about sex, all communication is likely to come from you. Are you the only one suggesting dates? Are you the only one who tries to start a real conversation when the two of you are together?
#1 They don’t care if they hurt your feelings – If you get visibly upset about the lack of communication or closeness between you two and doesn’t care, he probably doesn’t care about you, either.
- Elijah’s Thoughts
- Sarah’s Thoughts
If you have a question, comment, or funny story about [INSERT SHOW TOPIC] we have a private SafeSpace on facebook where we talk about all sorts of social, professional, and romantic relationship topics, and after every show you can go there and share you story, get some advice from great people or just hang out. Both Sarah and I are there every day and you can be there too, just go to www.relationspodcast.com/join and click the “Join Now’ button.
Until we meet again, keep striving to make every relationship you have the best it can possibly be, including (and especially) the one with yourself. We’ll talk soon.